The stunning beauty of mountain scenery, exhilarating white water rapids, warm water, and fascinating culture make Nepal one of the top destination from tourist point of view. Nepal is blessed with numerous world class water resources and is the second richest country in water resource. It is considered paradise land for river runners.
Rafting is one of the most popular adventure enjoyed by tourist in Nepal. It provides fun and excitement. There are various grade of whitewater rafting trips possibly vary with interest and choice. People who are looking for long days expedition type run may enjoy the Sun Koshi and Karnali rafting trip combining wildlife safari tour in nearer National parks. While those who are looking for short rafting and family run may go to raft on Trishuli and Seti for smooth class of run and experience. The best time for rafting in Nepal is usually September to early December and March to June. This is when the weather is best and the water is the warmest.
Whitewater Rafting Categories
Rivers are rated for their difficulty on a scale of class 1-6
- Class 1 river has a slower moving current with little or no obstacles.
- Class 2 & 3 rivers are fast moving with some obstacles and smaller to medium size rapids.
- Class 4 rivers have long, continuous sections of white water and large waves which requires strong paddling and good teamwork in the boat.
- Class 5 rivers have powerful prolonged sections of rapids and big holes, which requires very strong paddling and preferably some previous rafting experience.
- Class 6 is considered to be almost impossible to run.